Featuring a ball-bearing live center, heavy-duty steel knockout bar, and onboard storage for easy access to adjustment tools, the Delta 46-460 industrial 12-1/2-inch variable-speed midi lathe handles even heavy-duty jobs with ease. Ideal for professional woodworkers, this machine gives you fast, smooth results and offers variable speed for consistency and control.
| With a 12-1/2-inch swing, the 46-460 has the largest capacity in its class. |
The extension bed increases the overall bed length to 42 inches. View larger.
Powered by a 1-horsepower max, 1,725-rpm motor, the Delta 46-460 industrial 12-1/2-inch variable-speed midi lathe provides a 12-1/2-inch swing capacity--the largest in its class. Variable speed with three pulley-speed ranges makes it easy to select the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position.
Forward and Reverse Provides a Superior Finish
For accuracy and precision, forward and reverse functions allow the turner to achieve a superior finish. As woodworkers know, sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lie down and remain rough while sanding a turned piece against the grain will shave the wood fibers smooth. Rotating the turned piece in both directions is the way to achieve a truly smooth finish, yet it often involves remounting the work piece backwards--a time-consuming and often impossible task. With the 46-460, this process is simplified. With a quick flip of the switch, it's done.
Patented Belt-Tensioning System for Fast Speed Changes and Longer Tool Life
A patented belt-tensioning system makes for quick speed changes, and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life. And large objects are no problem with the six-groove belt that provides superior power for effortless turning.
Cast-Iron Construction for Durability and Strength
Durable and stable with all cast-iron construction, the 46-460 also includes a three-inch face plate, and 6-inch and 10-inch tool rests for tool support in a variety of turning applications.
The Delta 46-460 industrial 12-1/2-inch variable-speed midi lathe is backed by a five-year warranty.
What's in the Box
12-1/2-inch variable-speed midi lathe, 6-inch and 10-inch tool rests, chrome 3-inch face plate, tool rest base, knockout bar, live center, wrenches, and manual.
Variable speeds let you perform a variety tasks without changing the belt position.
Eligible For Free Shipping
- Powerful 1 hp max, 1,725 rpm motor
- Large 12-1/2-inch swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class. Drive spindle: 1 inch -8 RH TPI thread
- Electronic variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
- Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish. Sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lay down and remain rough.
- Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life