The 18|36 Lathe features a brand new design & details that will excite any serious bowl turner! The First feature that will catch your attention is undoubtedly the ergonomic angled control panel made from anodized aluminum. The blue hue of the DRO along with the beautiful knurled control knob fitted with a rubber grip signals this is no ordinary lathe. The bed is made from steel which allows the cast iron headstock to travel incredibly smoothly. Steel is the preferred material due to its well known longevity & strength. Electronic variable speed is obtained via a VFD that converts 1 phase input to 3 phase output, so even at low settings you will get an incredible amount of torque. The DRO gives you an accurate RPM readout at all times any fine adjustments are made electronically. Changing from high to low settings is made easy by using the quick release handle. The headstock & tailstock lock handles are situated on the back to eliminate any interruptions to your work flow. Ergonomically designed handles use a cam lock resulting in a firm feel with no deflection.
- Electrical: 2HP, 220 Volt, 60 hz, Motor: Induction, 1725 RPM, TEFC, VFD: Delta S1 Variable Frequency Drive , Phase: 1 Phase input
- Spring Loaded Spindle Lock, Max; Outboard Swing: 32"
- 3 Phase output Poly-Groove Drive Belt w EZ Access, Recommended Breaker: 20 Amp
- RPM High:135-3500 RPM Low: 50-1300 Tailstock Quill: 4 1/2", Engraved, Self-Ejecting Floor to Spindle Center: 41 1/2" w Pads
- Front Bearing: TPI Taiwan 6207LLU Rear Bearing: TPI Taiwan 6205LLU Spindle Index #: 14/36/48 w Lock Distance between Centers: 36"